About this course
This course starts with a basic introduction to civil and criminal law, negligence and duty of care. Other subject areas include an introduction to international law, safety management, certification, documentation, safety requirements and sea worthiness.
Useful tips and tricks
- Read though the exam syllabus.
- Your pass certificate is valid for three years.
- You do not need a Notice of Eligibility (NoE) to attend this course. However you will need an NoE for your MCA oral examination. Download the application form. Allow at least six weeks (currently even more) for the NoE to be processed by the MCA.
- Do the ‘proper’ PSCRB course instead of ‘Advanced Sea Survival for Yachtsmen’. The latter has not got an STCW Code which has the following implications: Not all flag states recognise the Advanced Sea Survival, meaning you might have to do the PSCRB later anyway. Your certificate will have a negative endorsement (‘not to be used on vessels with davit-launched life rafts’). There is also no updating course available for the Advanced Sea Survival.
- Pre-study makes the difference. That’s why we send you the course notes as soon as you book.
- You will also be able to access our course notes through our iPad and Android App.
- Be familiar with the career progression requirements. View a simple progression chart.
- Did you know that you may be eligible to do the OOW Unlimited? Download our guide on how to gain OOW Unlimited certification when working in yachting.
- Our first-time pass rate is unsurpassed in the industry.
- View more FAQs.
Plan your training
Candidates booking this course usually also book the following: Master (Yachts) - Navigation, Radar and ARPA Simulator; Master (Yachts) - Seamanship and Meteorology; Master (Yachts) - Stability; Master (Yachts) - Celestial Navigation.
You might also want to consider: HELM(M), Proficiency in Medical First Aid, Proficiency in Medical Care, Advanced Fire Fighting, ECDIS.
How to book
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course:
Telephone: +44 (0)23 8201 5004
Normal office hours are (UK time):
Monday - Thursday: 08.30 - 17.00
Friday 08.30 - 16.30
Please be aware that online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course availability and booking
Monday 29 January 2018
Monday 28 May 2018