About this course
This course will enable delegates to achieve improved knowledge and self-awareness of the appropriate leadership and management skills applicable to senior officers at the executive level, for both sea and shore roles within a large maritime company or organisation.
Upon completion of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Critically assess their leadership styles and management skills, and through personal development, apply the appropriate style and skills to differing situations.
- Compare and contrast direct and indirect communicative methods and be able to tactfully deliver the right messages to various recipients.
- Confidently brief, present or discuss information to/with recipients (team members, senior officials, and media organisations) for routine and extraordinary events and incidents.
- Be sensitised to the key challenges associated with human resource management of employees.
- Identify the impact of change on employees and develop team and leadership resilience to effectively achieve the change outcomes.
- Evaluate the increasing automation and information technology and thereby determine appropriate measures to achieve operational effectiveness.
How to book
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course:
Telephone: +44 (0)23 8201 5004
Normal office hours are (UK time):
Monday - Thursday: 08.30 - 17.00
Friday 08.30 - 16.30
Please be aware that online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email email@example.com.
The course is delivered by experienced maritime academics using a mix of theory presentation, strategic discussion, group work, role-play, psychometric testing and e-learning. Delegates will be required to conduct their own preparative work in the evenings (approximately one to two hours of work).
Senior officers at the executive level, for both sea and shore roles.