Do I have to get an MEOL before a Y4?

Do I have to get an MEOL before a Y4?

There are two distinct progression routes, depending upon your particular circumstances with respect to your current employment, one being to get a Marine Engine Operators Licence (MEOL). This consists of an oral exam at the MCA. You are not required to attend a study course before this but will need to get a Notice of Eligibility (NOE). To be eligible for an MEOL you will need to have accrued the relevant sea service time and have passed the Skills Test. Warsash Superyacht Academy has produced a full study guide with examples of the types of questions that you will be asked during your oral exam.

You do not have to follow this path and can go straight to the Y4 (NOE and sea service described later on).

Accessibility tools

Change font size

Change colours